Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore with iCloud

Today I purchased an iPhone 5s (I had a 4s). I went to set-up my phone and I was unable to restore it with my iCloud because my 4s had iOS 7.1.2 and the 5s had iOS 7.0.2. I set up my 5s as a new phone so that I could do the software update. Is there anyway to still restore my phone?

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 3:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 3:39 PM

Yes. You first need to update your new phone to 7.1.2 or you won't be able to use the backup. You'll then go to Settings>General>Reset, tap Erase All Content and Settings, then go back through the setup screens again and when given the option, choose Restore from iCloud Backup and follow the prompts.

This article explains this process in more detail: iCloud: Restore your iOS device from iCloud.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2014 3:39 PM in response to emiyanky

Yes. You first need to update your new phone to 7.1.2 or you won't be able to use the backup. You'll then go to Settings>General>Reset, tap Erase All Content and Settings, then go back through the setup screens again and when given the option, choose Restore from iCloud Backup and follow the prompts.

This article explains this process in more detail: iCloud: Restore your iOS device from iCloud.

Restore with iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.