Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari bug

Hey everyone I am having a big problem with safari it has alot of bugs first one is this one Safari bug

the second one is when i resize safari and browse for long time and resize it again this happens:-

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

And there is one more problem that when i am using safari sometimes i cant use the trackpad ever i only can use the mouse but i cant scroll up using the trackpad or do anything with the trackpad so i quit safari and open it again to use the trackpad. this is so frustrating. PLEASE HELP !!

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 3:13 PM

4 replies

Jul 9, 2014 4:22 PM in response to tehfahad

See if deleting the Safari cache helps...

Open a Finder window. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy paste the following

~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db

Click Go then move the Cache.db file to the Trash.

Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that didn't help, troubleshoot Safari extensions.

From the Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Extensions tab. Turn that OFF, quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that helped, turn one extension on then quit and relaunch Safari to test until you find the incompatible extension then click uninstall.

For the trackpad issue. Check your Settings in System Preferences > Trackpad

Try all three tabs. Point & Click > Scroll & Zoom > More Gestures

Jul 9, 2014 4:31 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

The file "~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db"

Cant be opened I tried to go to it manually and I couldn't find it

(I went to Caches in the Library and the only file where there called "com.apple.Spotlight" I don't know if you mean this)

and the other two solutions did not work, the trackpad works everywhere but safari and i turned off the extensions still not working

Jul 9, 2014 4:44 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

by the way another bug i just noticed when i opened safari is, whenever i reload a page it stutter a little bit then it comes not from the top.

as example i reloaded this page and this happenedUser uploaded file

then it completed loading and i should be at the top of the page but i was in the middle so i dont know why my safari got a lot of problems ?!

safari bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.