Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari opens, but its blank. only when google website works.

After a virus that created pop up ads, I removed the virus but my web broswers dont work and websites become blank and dont work. My safari is ruined and I cant download anything. Which means I cant browse anything since my chrome browser was deleted. Here is an example of my problem User uploaded file Its blank! Only google would work but if I click on a website it is blank like this! Any ideas on how to fix this?

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 3:19 PM

3 replies

Jul 9, 2014 5:34 PM in response to NoobPwner94

What "virus" was found, how did you find it, and how did you remove it?

Most likely, you had some kind of adware installed and it has not been fully removed. See my Adware Removal Guide for help finding and removing anything remaining.

(Fair disclosure: The Safe Mac is my site, and contains a Donate button, so I may receive compensation for providing links to The Safe Mac. Donations are not required.)

Jul 10, 2014 9:05 AM in response to thomas_r.

I did use your adware removal script but for some reason, after that, I couldnt search anything, Safari was broken and the only 2 sites I can go on is google and sometimes youtube. I am talking to you by using a private browser from the app store and I cant download anything on it. When I use the script, there is nothing to remove my trash is clear and there is no problem. But what I did notice during my problem is that chrome is broken to. When I open it in the search box it says conduit and then random letters or something. Here is an exampleUser uploaded fileCant seem to find the source of my problem.

Jul 10, 2014 9:20 AM in response to NoobPwner94

Try your Mac on a different network, and try another device on the same network you're using now. If the other device fails in the same way, and your Mac works fine on a different network, you've got some kind of network compromise going on. See the "Step 2" page in my Adware Removal Guide.

If your Mac doesn't work properly anywhere, you may have something else going on, perhaps something new that I've never seen before. There's a script you can run on that "Step 2" page that will help you take a snapshot of your system.

safari opens, but its blank. only when google website works.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.