Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Carbon Copy Cloner permission problem

Hi All,

I recently purchased a new Mac and I would like to copy the files from my backup drive that was created with Carbon Copy Cloner to my new machine since it will be much faster then using the network. When I go into the backup drive and follow the directory structure I see the folder icon with a red "-" on the folder icon on my new Mac and if I click on the folder I am told “The folder “?” can’t be opened because you don’t have permission to see its contents”. If I attach the backup drive to my old machine everything is fine and I can go into the same folder with no issues. I am setup on my new Mac as Admin and I am using the exact same login name on both Mac's. Any idea how to resolve this issue? Also I am able to add files to the backup drive from my new Mac just can't view any backed up folders.

Thanks in advance.

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 3:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 4:28 PM

Perhaps try using migration assistant to just migrate your files over from the backup to the new Mac. Perhaps that will get around the permissions issue.

4 replies

Carbon Copy Cloner permission problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.