Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

U2 IC Chip Problem

I've read something about the using third-party chargers causing the U2 IC chip to stop working. I've used a ratio shack charger and ever since I got it my iPhone battery stopped working. I was wondering if you need to replace the iPhone to get it fixed or just replace the U2 IC chip to fix it?

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 3:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 3:04 PM

Yep, I also learned a lesson. I had two 6S, one 16GB and another 64GB, both has battery problems, unexpected shutdown, I was replaced battery on 64GB version, with original, but U2 also makes problem. Phone is out of warranty, because Apple has replaced old 64GB which was died last year, with this new one, and this new, has U2 problems, and also battery problems. I don't want anything, anymore from Apple. Thanks.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2017 3:04 PM in response to nik fenton

Yep, I also learned a lesson. I had two 6S, one 16GB and another 64GB, both has battery problems, unexpected shutdown, I was replaced battery on 64GB version, with original, but U2 also makes problem. Phone is out of warranty, because Apple has replaced old 64GB which was died last year, with this new one, and this new, has U2 problems, and also battery problems. I don't want anything, anymore from Apple. Thanks.

Jul 9, 2014 4:05 PM in response to Jzales123

I've never heard of third party chargers (actually adapters) causing a problem. The charger is in the phone, not the "thing" that plugs into the wall. Any high quality USB power source should be fine for an iPhone. There are no user serviceable parts inside an iPhone, and if you try to replace a chip it is guaranteed not to be an Apple-certified chip, as Apple does not sell spare parts. Unless you are a highly skilled technician you will probably ruin the phone trying to repair it yourself, and even some highly skilled technicians can screw it up.

May 3, 2016 8:47 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Other suggestions?! 8 months old iPhone 6 plus was rejected from warranty repair as it was scratched - never mind that the problem was not scratch but non charging battery due to u2 ic chip corruption caused by charging by certified charger from usb in the car. So now I have completely ok and working iphone 6 + for 1000$ and I am unable to charge it due to planned obsolence component called U2 IC CHIP. Never ever ever will buy anything from apple. And even more funny is that I bought that 6+ as a replacement for 5 which was unable to charge... I've examined that 5 few days ago by myself and now I understand the apple tricks - testing u2 ic chip? Just buy new battery, put it in and if phone normally boot and work then it's with 99% chance BLOCKED (not destroyed!!) U2 IC CHIP.

<Edited by Host>

U2 IC Chip Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.