Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imovie likes to crash, when I import, when I edit, just whenever

MacBook Pro, 15-inch, Mid 2010, Processor 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7, Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 MB, Software OS X 10.9.4 (13E28), imovie 10.0.4

Imovie is completely unstable, if I do much of anything in it the computer completely restarts. Goes to a grey screen, and forces a restart. Then I have to wait for my mac to reboot, and load everything again. The most recent cycle of this I was trying to import a movie (.mov file) from my hard drive, I used a different program to make the .mov file and iMovie crashed/restarted my computer every time I hit import. Prior to this it would crash while importing files from my go pro. Then it would just crash when I was editing. It seems to crash more in the theater view. I have no idea what is wrong. I have completely uninstalled, re-downloaded, and reinstalled iMovie. I looked for a preference folder to delete, but could not find one since this was a fix for an prior version of iMovie. I have the most recent updates on my OS. This is just ridiculous.

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 3:59 PM

1 reply

Imovie likes to crash, when I import, when I edit, just whenever

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.