Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage Sync Problem

I know a lot of people have mentioned this. So I have two phone numbers on two different iPhones, plus an iPad, MacBook Pro (for work) and MacBook Pro Retina (for home). I had everything synced on messages before so that messages were always present on any device I used, but now something strange has happened.

Over the past few weeks somehow the phone number associated with my iPhone 5s got disconnected from the rest, and it won't resync... meaning that now my iPhone 4, iPad, and two MacBooks are all out of sync with my iPhone 5s (my primary device).

I've done the simultaneous logout/login thing. I've removed the secondary phone number from my apple ID, but it still shows up when I authenticate my apple ID with messages. I can't seem to force the sync on my devices so that they match my iPhone 5s... I really just want my computers to sync up to what's on my phone. Any suggestions?

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 6:56 PM

1 reply

Jul 10, 2014 2:00 PM in response to vstimac

Hi,

Check this:-

On the iPhone 5 in Settings Messages is the iPhone Number ticked (it should be greyed out) ?

I have had an occasion where the number was Unticked and the iPhone was only getting Apple ID iMessages (or Sync version of messages sent to the Number).

As it is greyed out you cannot change this (therefore it shouldn't be unticked either but it happens)

Disable th Apple ID in Messages by removing it.

Place the iPhone in Airplane Mode for a few minutes.

On returning to Settings for Messages you should see it try and reconnect the number to the Server (Verifying/Spinning thing)

Once the Number is connected send an iMessage to the Apple ID (Mac) so you know the number part is working.

Add back the Apple ID.

Restart the app on the Mac and accept the Pops ups that confirm the iPhone is using BOTH Apple ID and iPhone Number.

User uploaded file

10:00 pm Thursday; July 10, 2014

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

iMessage Sync Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.