Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Would these two refurbished MBP still be worth getting?

I'm thinking about getting one of these MBPs because I want a 15in screen, and the dedicated graphics cards, but don't want to spend almost $2,000 for the lower base 15in models with Iris Pro Graphics. However, considering the hardware, would these two still be good options to last another 4 years or so, when considering future software and OS developments?

User uploaded file

Refurbished 15.4-inch MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Quad-core Intel i7 with Retina Display

Originally released June 2012
15.4-inch (diagonal) Retina display; 2880-by-1800 resolution at 220 pixels per inch
8GB of 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
256GB Flash Storage
720p FaceTime HD Camera
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memory

$1,599.00

Save $500.00
23% off

Select

User uploaded file

Refurbished 15.4-inch MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Quad-core Intel i7 with Retina Display

Originally released February 2013
15.4-inch (diagonal) Retina display; 2880-by-1800 resolution at 220 pixels per inch
8GB of 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
256GB Flash Storage
720p FaceTime HD Camera
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memory

$1,659.00

Save $540.00
24% off

Select

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 4:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 4:51 PM

In my opinion they are both good machines. I would go the extra $60 for the 2013 just because it is slightly newer and very slightly faster.

Since they are both Retinas, neither is upgradable so looking at the specs, both are good to go...8 GB ram is important, both are kind of skimpy on storage at 256 GB, but you can add an external drive to gain mass storage and use the internal primarily for Mac OS X and the applications themselves...data on the external. Everything else is the same.

Apple reforms have new batteries, cases, anything faulty replaced, and fully tested. So like buying a new computer.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2014 4:51 PM in response to ClarinetGeek28

In my opinion they are both good machines. I would go the extra $60 for the 2013 just because it is slightly newer and very slightly faster.

Since they are both Retinas, neither is upgradable so looking at the specs, both are good to go...8 GB ram is important, both are kind of skimpy on storage at 256 GB, but you can add an external drive to gain mass storage and use the internal primarily for Mac OS X and the applications themselves...data on the external. Everything else is the same.

Apple reforms have new batteries, cases, anything faulty replaced, and fully tested. So like buying a new computer.

Would these two refurbished MBP still be worth getting?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.