Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.5.8 with itunes 10.6.3 (25) and a new iphone 4s requiring itunes 11.2.2 now what ?

I mac ver. 10.5.8 with 4gb memory 667mhz DDR2 SDram

with Itunes ver. 10.6.3

my previous iphone 4s had the old ver. software i did not ever upgrade to ios 7

My new iphone is ios7 . I plugged my phone in to my Imac and it would not recognize it and then told me i need ver. 11.2.2 for this phone ! I checked for software upgrades and found I need OSX 10.6.8 or newer to install 11.2.2 !?

How do I use my Apple product on my Apple product ?????

Do I have to buy a new OS from Apple ? looks like it . Will all my stuff be lost doing so . I have never backed up my I mac and have no idea how to !

All this so I can use my phone . WOW !

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 5:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 5:22 PM

1. Yes, you need to buy a new OS. Mac OS X 10.6 requires a Mac with an Intel CPU and at least 1GB of RAM.

2. It won't erase your files unless a problem occurs. Back up everything anyway; this can be done with Time Machine or by creating a bootable clone, and requires an external drive.

(109241)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2014 5:22 PM in response to jackfromdevon

1. Yes, you need to buy a new OS. Mac OS X 10.6 requires a Mac with an Intel CPU and at least 1GB of RAM.

2. It won't erase your files unless a problem occurs. Back up everything anyway; this can be done with Time Machine or by creating a bootable clone, and requires an external drive.

(109241)

10.5.8 with itunes 10.6.3 (25) and a new iphone 4s requiring itunes 11.2.2 now what ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.