Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Editing AppleID on iPhone?

I've changed my email address. And I've gone into iTunes and the App Store via my home computer, and I've changed my Apple ID there to my new email.

Despite syncing my phone with my computer, the new Apple ID will not transfer. My old email address still shows up in iCloud, App Store, and iTunes. It is grayed out. It will not let me tap on it in order to delete or edit the account, and enter a new one. There is no "delete account" button on any of those screens.

I've read various posts here related to this same question, but none of those solutions are working for me. How do I change it on the phone? I can't sync anything from there.

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 5:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 5:40 PM

See: Change your Apple ID

13 replies

Jul 9, 2014 5:51 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thanks, but I can't turn off Find my iPhone because it wants the password to the old Apple ID, and won't let me change that Apple ID.

What would happen if, via my home computer, I signed into my account in iTunes, and under "manage devices" I removed the phone? The paragraph above that option talks about how devices can be associated with with one AppleID which can be changed every 90 days.

Jul 9, 2014 8:42 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

OK, that mostly worked. I did all that, deleting the old iCloud account. Then changed the user name/email back to the new one, and set up a new iCloud account. So iCloud carries the right info.

But if, also under Settings, I go down and open the iTunes & App Store, it's still showing the old email address. What is it that I'm not turning off or on at the right time?

Editing AppleID on iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.