Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

audio files won't go away

here's my problem: there is a book on CD with approximately 300 tracks that i finished and deleted from iTunes on my iMac but it still shows up on my iPhone, taking up a lot of space. how do i get rid of it?

thanks in advance

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 5:47 PM

1 reply

Jul 12, 2014 9:42 AM in response to lgoldberg

Hello there, lgoldberg.

Although this content is written for purchased Audiobooks from the iTunes Store, the recommended steps for deleting on your computer still apply:

How to delete content you've downloaded from the iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks Store, or Mac App Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5772

iPhone or iPod touch

You can't delete an audiobook directly from your iPhone or iPod touch. But you can delete one by syncing to a computer with iTunes, then following the instructions for Mac or PC below.

Make sure you back up the audiobook. You will need to purchase it again if you want to download it.

Mac or PC

Before you delete, back up the audiobook. You will need to purchase it again if you want to download it.

1. Open iTunes.
  2. From the Library pop-up menu, choose Books.
  3. Click Audiobooks in the navigation bar.
  4. Click the audiobook you want to delete.
  5. Press Delete on your keyboard.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

audio files won't go away

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.