Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't import songs to my iphone 4s@@!!

Hi,so I got a new computer today (Hp envy laptop) I installed itunes on it and signed in and got all my purchased back, I authorized my computer and enabled homesharing and all of that, I selected "trust this computer" from my iphone 4s. Now though it is not letting me drag and drop songs to import them like I was able to do on my old computer, when I drag a song to my iphone menu on the left I get the red circle with a slash through the middle not letting me import the song to my phone.

Does anyone know why this is happening? I have the latest version of itunes and my phone is up too date. The memory is not full, I redownloaded it from icloud so that it is on laptop and I tried restarting my computer.

Any suggestions would be very helpful! Thanks@@@@@@@@

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 5:49 PM

1 reply

Jul 12, 2014 9:04 AM in response to jamesmillcreek

Hello there, jamesmillcreek.

The following link to the online iTunes Help menu provides some assistance with manually syncing music to your iOS device:

iTunes Help: Set up syncing for iPod, iPhone, or iPad

http://help.apple.com/itunes/mac/11.2/#itns5ecc4d98

Sync your device manually

If you use manual syncing, you can sync items from more than one iTunes library to your iPod. (You can sync iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad with only one iTunes library.)

You can manually sync music, movies, TV shows, podcasts, and iTunes U lessons. You can’t manually sync photos and info (contacts, calendars, bookmarks, and so on).

• Connect your iPod, iPhone, or iPad to your computer and select your device.
  • Click the Summary button and select “Manually manage music and videos” (below Options).
  • Click the On This Device button.User uploaded file
  • Click Add To User uploaded file on the right side of the iTunes window.
  • Drag items from the left side of the iTunes window to the pane on the right. To add other types of content, choose a category from the Library pop-up menu
    User uploaded file
  • Click Done.
  • If you use automatic syncing, you can also add items to your device by dragging. To drag items to an automatically synced device, follow the instructions above, but skip step 2.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

Can't import songs to my iphone 4s@@!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
    A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.