Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Software Update

Hey Guys,

I just bought my first Mac second had last week...I am still getting use to it but its growing on me.

I tried updating my Mac and it tells me there are no updates for my Mac.

When I was in the app store I tried downloading XCode but it said that I needed to be running 10.8.4 or newer.

My question is...if I try to update and it says there are no updates available, but I cannot get an app due to my out of date OS, what is the problem?

I am currently running 10.6.8

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 7:21 PM

3 replies

Jul 9, 2014 7:27 PM in response to txcan

Open the Mac App Store and try downloading Mavericks. If you get told it's incompatible, so is Mountain Lion and the current XCode version.

Back up your data before upgrading. Mac OS X 10.7 and newer don't support PowerPC programs such as versions of Microsoft Office prior to 2008.

The Software Update pane of System Preferences doesn't show full version OS upgrades.

(109243)

Jul 10, 2014 6:19 PM in response to txcan

Ok, so it "let" me download Maverics...took several hours however twice when it got down to the last ten minutes it stopped the download and said "application cannot be downloaded". When I "X'ed" out it asked me to sign back in to itunes. Still not resolved. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Txcan

Software Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.