Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2011 27" iMac is dim on the RIGHT side of the screen

Just like the countless other people with the 2009 and 2011 27" iMacs, it seems the backlight is not functional on the right half of my screen. All of the other posts I've searched for seem to point to the left side being the primary issue, mine is the right, in the same spectacular manner. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this on the right side? I attempted to apply pressure at the bottom LEFT of the screen and all over the border of the LCD to no avail.

I contacted apple support, they suggested I have it checked for the recall video issue with the apple store(certain video cards). My i7 passed the tests for the video card, and i was quoted $510 to replace the screen.

The technician couldn't verify that the replacement LCD had been re-worked to avoid this issue in the future. The technician was aware of the issue and indicated she's done 10+ of these repairs, and knew it to be a common issue. She acknowledged this is a manufacturing defect, that the consumer could do nothing to avoid. She checked with her manager, the manager said that I was out of luck, that I had my chance to purchase applecare, so no break on the replacement cost/repair.

If anyone has had the issue with the right side of the screen, is there another connector which may need pressure applied to that might resolve without replacing a $500 screen?

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 7:23 PM

There are no replies.

2011 27" iMac is dim on the RIGHT side of the screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.