Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I accidently synced my ipod to itunes and all musics are gone

I recently used other program called copytrans manager to transfer musics to my ipod

and yesterday I don't know why I did it, but I hit the backup button, assuming that will save my musics files too,

and hit the sync! but I felt weird so I canceled the sessions as soon as the syncing process was ongoing.

However, after that, I clicked music file on my ipod to listen to music and

musics kept skipping to the next one and finally all of them are gone and I only have

2 musics which I purchased in itunes store. and in my playlists, sopt mark in the circle was shown right next to the title of the music.

my ipod is 5th generation and I was about to update mine to 7.02, I think? and I am using the latest itunes.

I used to have about 900 songs in my ipod and my itunes has only 400 out of 900. so....

Is there any way that I can recover my ipod? like is there any time machine?

please help me please!! I am desperate now!!!

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 6:23 PM

5 replies

Jul 10, 2014 1:37 AM in response to seyoon127

Maybe by one of the programs listed here:

Recovering your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device: Apple Support Communities

However, the actual song files might not exist on the iPod (only the titles) so the non-iTunes purchases may have to be reimported into your iTunes library. From a Time Machine backup would be fine.

You can redownload most iTunes purchases by:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

Jul 12, 2014 12:34 AM in response to seyoon127

Thank you for all the supports and answers.

But I have a new problem here.

I connected my ipod to my mac and turned on the itunes.

And I still haven't done anything to my ipod. (haven't re-synced or tried to fix my problem. my situation is same as my original post says,)

I clicked 'my ipod's music'section on itunes' sidebar.

And surprisingly, all my old music are still there, but with some greyed titles.User uploaded file

What do i have to do? I don't want my situation to get any worse.

What is needed if I want my musics back?

Help me please!

I accidently synced my ipod to itunes and all musics are gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.