Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

fully charged ipad mini, then it drains completely without use

the first time it happened, i took it to the Apple Store and they ran a diagnostic, everything seemed fine and i was sent on my way. it happened several times after and twice in this past week. before i took my ipad off the charger this morning, i saw that it was fully charged. time to use it later in the day, the ipad had shut down completely and prompted me to charge it. what gives?

ps. my firmware is up-to-date and i usually charge when it's 20-30%.

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 7:50 PM

1 reply

Jul 9, 2014 8:00 PM in response to Selene29

Some things to look at

Notifications - there are a ton defaulted to on that you may not need. So it's stuff running in the background that's effecting your battery.

Background app update - unless you really must have your apps always updated without you even knowing about it, something you can do without.

Background app refresh - unless you simply must have the latest stock, weather etc you can turn this off. For example, if it's on then your weather app goes out ever so often and updates...well if you only check it a couple of times a day why have it updating every 15 minutes?

You can also look for and close extra apps. Anytime you open an app it can continue to run for hours/days until you use enough other resources that it shuts down. Double tapping the home button, then scrolling sideways if needed to bring the apps you want to close on the screen. THen you can flick the preview for an app up and off the screen to close it. You can single tap the home button on home screen to exit the mode.

fully charged ipad mini, then it drains completely without use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.