Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have had my iPad Air for about 4 months and love it but recently it has started acting up, opening and closing things, resizing and typing on its own. I'm new to the apple world and not very techy. Any Ideas to what I should do? ,

I have had my iPad air for about 4 months and recently it has started acting up. It opens and closes stuff, changes the size of things and types all on it's own. I am new to the apple world and not very tech savvy. Any ideas as to what to do?

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 7:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 7:27 PM

Start by doing a reboot - hold both the power and home buttons until the apple logo appears, ignore the red slider if that appears. The Air will spend some time with the black screen and logo and then restart. See how it behaves after that.

If the behavior does not change, especially with regard to auto-typing, take it to an Apple store genius bar and have the techs check it out - that is free.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2014 7:27 PM in response to Faithelectricinc

Start by doing a reboot - hold both the power and home buttons until the apple logo appears, ignore the red slider if that appears. The Air will spend some time with the black screen and logo and then restart. See how it behaves after that.

If the behavior does not change, especially with regard to auto-typing, take it to an Apple store genius bar and have the techs check it out - that is free.

I have had my iPad Air for about 4 months and love it but recently it has started acting up, opening and closing things, resizing and typing on its own. I'm new to the apple world and not very techy. Any Ideas to what I should do? ,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.