Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a Mac laptop and Mac desktop. How do I transfer my music from my laptop to my desktop so that I can then deactivate my laptop to sell? I am on OSX and using itunes10

I am trying to save all my music and pictures to my apple desktop from my apple laptop in order to sell my laptop. Any advice would be great! Thanks!

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 7:56 PM

1 reply

Jul 9, 2014 8:04 PM in response to Kschmuckal

Hi Kschmuckal,

Select the method in the support article below that will best work for you:

iTunes: How to move your music to a new computer

For photos, here are instructions from our fellow Community Support member Terence Devlin:

To move an iPhoto Library to a new machine:

Link the two Macs together: there are several ways to do this: Wireless Network,Firewire Target Disk Mode, Ethernet, or even just copy the Library to an external HD and then on to the new machine...

But however you do choose to link the two machines...

Simply copy the iPhoto Library from the Pictures Folder on the old Machine to the Pictures Folder on the new Machine.

Then launch iPhoto. That's it.

This moves photos, events, albums, books, keywords, slideshows and everything else.

Also, you want to make sure you follow the instructions below to prepare your laptop for sale:

What to do before selling or giving away your Mac

Cheers,

GB

I have a Mac laptop and Mac desktop. How do I transfer my music from my laptop to my desktop so that I can then deactivate my laptop to sell? I am on OSX and using itunes10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.