Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to know how to remove someone Apple ID and install my own for Garage Band

i have Apple Air ipad i need to remove my son Apple ID

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 8:23 PM

1 reply

Jul 9, 2014 10:29 PM in response to Jesus4life

You don't "remove" an Apple ID. You just log out of an Apple ID and log into a different Apple ID.

The tricky part is that there are multiple places (in the Apple ecosystem) that lets you (requires you) to log into an Apple ID. For example, iTunes Store, App Store, iCloud, email, etc.

Buying apps in the App Store for your Mac is easy because the app stays on your drive regardless with what Apple ID you purchased that app. You don't have to be logged in to use a specific app. You only need to log in again if you need to update that app.

On iOS, the story is a bit different. You can only be logged in with one Apple ID. and whatever apps or songs you purchased with that Apple ID will show up. Log in to a different Apple ID and you have only access to those purchases. Luckily this will get a little bit easier with the new Family Share ID thing promised to be in the upcoming iOS8.

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Need to know how to remove someone Apple ID and install my own for Garage Band

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.