Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5c won't restore, stuck between recovery mode & apple logo loop

Hello all,

I got a lovely little iphone 5c secondhand. The only problem is that it will not cooperate with me.

At first, it was stuck in recovery mode, but I can switch it out of that, and into the apple logo loop or dfu.

No matter what I do though, (recovery mode, dfu, loop), it will NOT restore.

It gives me an error code of 3014 every time.

Once in awhile it also loads a screen of script, that ends in "panic, we're hanging here" or some such.

I HAVE seen it load to the lock screen twice now, but only for a split second. And while it did that, iTunes told me it couldn't connect to "Jessica's iPhone" due to the passcode. So I know something in there still works. Just not sure about what ISN'T working.

I'm REALLY hoping someone on here can help!

And sorry if I don't have all the info you need/posted in the wrong area. First time here.

Thanks in advance!!

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 7:31 PM

3 replies

Jul 12, 2014 8:33 AM in response to thehealingidea

Hey thehealingidea,

Thanks for the question. I understand that you are experiencing issues restoring you iPhone 5c. I also understand that you have received error 4013. The following resource may assist you:

iOS: Restore errors 4005, 4013, and 4014

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS5314

Try these steps to resolve the issue:

1. Install the latest version of iTunes.

2. Restart your computer.

3. Make sure your computer is up to date. If an update requires a restart, check for updates again after you restart.

- Learn more about updating OS X.

- Learn more about updating Windows.

4. Restore using another USB cable.

5. Restore your device on another computer.

If you continue to see error 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you restore your device, contact Apple for support.

Learn more about other update and restore errors.

Thanks,

Matt M.

iPhone 5c won't restore, stuck between recovery mode & apple logo loop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.