Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost all my pictures in Aperture

Hello, I accidentaly updated my software to Mavericks and my Aperture wasn't working anymore. I looked it up and found that I had to download the newest version of the Aperture. So I did that and everything worked fine. I shut down the computer and when I tried to open Aperture again, something happened and I had lost all my projects/pictures. I need help.

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 8:20 PM

1 reply

Jul 10, 2014 5:25 AM in response to gmartens

The most likely reason for this is that when you installed the new version of Aperture it lost track of your original library.

Try this, open Aperture and select File->Switch to Library->Other/New. A window will open and after a few seconds any Aperture libraries it found will be listed. See if there are other libraries in the list. See if it is your original library.

Note when you do this make sure any external disks that might contain the library are attached and online

Post back if that does not fix the problem

I lost all my pictures in Aperture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.