Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding still photos to qt7 movie

QuickTime Kirk addressed this issue a few years ago but I was hoping to reengage on this as I am not clear abt the process of opening the audio file. I am making a time lapse movie of a class reunion and want to add some stills to the effort. I understand the adding "time" to the photos but not the process of doing that. Where do I find an mp3 file???? And is this topic covered in the owners manual because I sure cannot find it if it is.

in the FYI department, I am using an mb pro and 10.9.

thanks

the

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 9:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 4:14 AM

The reason I suggested an audio file is because they don't have "dimensions" and that makes adding an image file less confusing. Any audio track will do as is will be removed later in the process.

Be sure to scale your image file to the dimensions of the video before adding them. It just makes things easier, too.

Create a selection in your audio file to the duration you want the stills to last. Cut, copy paste into a new Player window, name the file and save it. Close the original audio file without saving changes.

Open the image file in QuickTime Player Pro, select all (Command, a) and Copy (Command, c). Open the new audio file, select all and "Add to Selection & Scale" from the Edit menu. The image will be added to the audio track.

Open the Movie Properties window and "Extract" (upper left of the window) the new video track. It will open in a new Player window. Close the audio and video track version without saving but name and save the extracted video track. Repeat these steps for each image.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2014 4:14 AM in response to Vundik The House Elf

The reason I suggested an audio file is because they don't have "dimensions" and that makes adding an image file less confusing. Any audio track will do as is will be removed later in the process.

Be sure to scale your image file to the dimensions of the video before adding them. It just makes things easier, too.

Create a selection in your audio file to the duration you want the stills to last. Cut, copy paste into a new Player window, name the file and save it. Close the original audio file without saving changes.

Open the image file in QuickTime Player Pro, select all (Command, a) and Copy (Command, c). Open the new audio file, select all and "Add to Selection & Scale" from the Edit menu. The image will be added to the audio track.

Open the Movie Properties window and "Extract" (upper left of the window) the new video track. It will open in a new Player window. Close the audio and video track version without saving but name and save the extracted video track. Repeat these steps for each image.

Adding still photos to qt7 movie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.