Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I update iPhoto 09 (8.1.2) so that it works for my current OS X 10.9.4?

COMPUTER DETAILS:

2009 13" Macbook Pro

2.53 GHz Core 2 Duo

4GB 1067 MHz DDR3

OS X 10.9.4

Iphoto 2009 8.1.2

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2009 Macbook Pro and it has the updated OS X 10.9.4 software. I have been cleaning up my computer all day to make more space and realized that I have a really old version of iPhoto on my computer. That would probably explain with this always happens:

Whenever I open up the application, a box open pops up and says "A photo has been found in the iPhoto Library that was not imported. Would you like to import it?" It doesn't matter if I say yes or no because it will then say "The photo has been placed in the folder /Users/josh/Pictures/iPhoto Library Recovered Photos_4."

I found a software update for 8.1.2 on Apple's website, but I have not downloaded it yet. If I do, will I have to do the next update, and the next one, and so on until I get to 2014's update? Will these updates keep reinstalling iPhoto, which can potentially erase all of the pictures on my hard drive? I have an external hard drive and Time Machine that backed everything up today, but I don't know how much of a pain it is to add everything back on to my computer.

Any advice?

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 10:23 PM

4 replies

How do I update iPhoto 09 (8.1.2) so that it works for my current OS X 10.9.4?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.