Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get my pictures back

I have an Ipod 5th generation. IOs 7. Today I tried updating it, it said for bug issues. Well after that It went all black it said to connect to Itunes. Well I did. NOW It says I need to RESTART IT. Im wondering, would there be any other way I can possible use my Ipod without restarting it. Im just afraid the backup in my computer wont have all my pictues. It was over 3000, Including my quince pictures. I CAN'T afford to lose them. It doesn't matter about the music, movies. I just want my pictures. 😟

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 8:37 PM

6 replies

Jul 9, 2014 8:40 PM in response to rosasjennifer16

You should have been importing all pics taken with the iPod to your computer regularly as you would with any digital camera.

Have you failed to do this?

You will need to restore your ipod, losing everything that you have failed to save to your computer, or that has not been backed up.

You should never attempt an update without making sure that you have stored everything on your computer.

Jul 10, 2014 1:21 AM in response to rosasjennifer16

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

You may be able to get some info from the restored iPod via How to perform iPad recovery for photos, videos

Wondershare Dr.Fone for iOS: iPhone Data Recovery - Wondershare Official

http://www.amacsoft.com/ipod-data-recovery.html

iPod recovery software to restore lost music files

-iPod touch Deleted Photo Recovery Tips You Should Know

To restore from backup see:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

If you restore from iCloud backup the apps will be automatically downloaded. If you restore from iTunes backup the apps and music have to be in the iTunes library since synced media like apps and music are not included in the backup of the iOS device that iTunes makes.

You can redownload most iTunes purchases by:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

How can I get my pictures back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.