Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Project (movie) not showing up in trash when I delete it from iMovie (version 10.0.4). Thus, I can't figure out how to permanently delete it from the hard drive. I'm running out of hard drive space fast! Any ideas?

I am trying to delete a project (movie) from iMovie (version 10.0.4). I successfully deleted it but it isn't then showing up in my trash items to delete it there. Thus, I'm running low on my storage space. Any ideas?

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 9:11 PM

4 replies

Jul 22, 2014 11:24 AM in response to IamMikeA4

In the Finder locate the iMovie Library file in question. Right-click on it and choose Show Package Contents. You'll see a folder named _Trash. I assume iMovie deletes or empties that folder when you close iMovie. It might make iMovie act erratically if you delete this folder yourself--no doubt best to let iMovie do its thing.

Project (movie) not showing up in trash when I delete it from iMovie (version 10.0.4). Thus, I can't figure out how to permanently delete it from the hard drive. I'm running out of hard drive space fast! Any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.