Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro X Update Issues

Last year I purchased a used 2013 MacBook Air with Final Cut Pro X already installed.

I just learned that in order to update the software, I need to be signed into the Mac App Store account that purchased FCPX.

Is there anyway to transfer the software onto my own account, or do I have to contact the seller and get their information to update. Any other ways to update?

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 8:54 PM

5 replies

Jul 9, 2014 10:47 PM in response to TopekaBruce

If you are serious about editing with FCP X, buy it yourself. That way you will get each future update

which will match whatever iteration of OS X is most current on any computer on the planet (that you own).

No One in their right mind is going to give you their App Store sign In info. W/O it you are stumped,

stagnant even - in the bottom of the pond all alone. You know how many people write in here asking

how to get something for nothing? Lots. In that respect you are not alone.

You Follow?

Jul 10, 2014 6:24 AM in response to babylonslim

I essentially paid for the software when I bought the Mac. The computer was almost brand new and the FCPX cost was included. Had I been smarter, I would have anticipated the update issue and passed on the deal. Something for nothing? I submitted that question under the impression I had purchased FCPX. Maybe I sounded stupid.

Thanks for the advice. Looks like I'll be buying the program. I'm happy to do so.

Final Cut Pro X Update Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.