Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.9.4 iphoto problems

I updated to 10.9.4. Now, iPhoto won't respond and I can't sync iPhone photos in iTunes

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 9:33 PM

7 replies

Jul 10, 2014 12:27 AM in response to sberman

Well, iPhoto freezes up as soon as I open it, so I can't get that info from the "about" section. But, there are no updates for iPhoto when I checked for updates, so I'd like to believe its the latest version. It looks like the latest icon, if that counts for anything. And now I'm having a hard time opening the app Store. The wheel just spins. Seems a little buggy...

Jul 10, 2014 12:41 AM in response to jberko2

Here is how to learn iPhoto's version without opening it.

FInd iPhoto in your Applications folder (using Finder).

FIrst of all, does iPhoto's icon in the Application folder look the same as the icon in the dock? If not, the dock points to an old version and you should try opening iPhoto directly from your Applications folder.

If the icon looks the same, then control-click on iPhoto's icon in the Applications folder and choose "Get Info" from there. The version number will be displayed.

Jul 10, 2014 7:00 AM in response to sberman

So, I followed your instructions. It is the new version. I reinstalled it anyway. iPhoto now works, doesn't freeze, but I am still getting an error message when I try to sync my iPhone in iTunes. It gets to step 6 of 7 to import photos and an error message box pops up and states it is unable to sync my phone due to unknown error (1723).

10.9.4 iphoto problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.