Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is Apple's support articles on iOS 7 Mail?

In particular, I'd like to know what the Junk Mail folder does. Does it filter future mail from the sender to the junk mail folder? I have my iOS mail set to mark Spam messages as SPAM in the title, and I select/move them to the junk folder. I'd like to learn a little more about what's going on with the whole process. I was wondering if there are any discussions here (I searched the communities and came up empty) or some published Apple articles on iOS 7 Mail that discuss junk mail.

thanks

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 9:21 PM

4 replies

Jul 9, 2014 9:50 PM in response to pgoodwin

Have you ever sign into your email account on the computer?

There is an Inbox, Junk, Draft, Sent and Deleted folder. Basically, the mail app just sync those exact same folder from the mail server and those emails within those folders.

You should be asking the mail server provider why such Junk mail folder is there and why not just delete them from inbox.

If you move mail to the junk, it will recognize next time if its from the same sender it will automatically goes to junk.

I tried to delete that junk mail folder on hotmail.com and you are not able to delete it.

Jul 9, 2014 9:59 PM in response to Mac.Dee

I'M using Apple's Mail App and using iCloud.com as my mail server. Yes, I have the mail pref set to mark junk mail and leave it in my Inbox. I also have a POP mail account with RoadRunner. Both mail servers seem to be filtering junk OK. my Apple Mail app shows messages marked as "SPAM" in both mail accounts in the two Inboxes. I was just curious whether there was an advantage to moving them to the Junk mail folders on each server over just deleting them. Not sure what the Junk Mail Folders do, and wondered if Apple had published any educational articles on using the Junk folder.

Where is Apple's support articles on iOS 7 Mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.