Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Office 365 (Word) Onedrive integration on a Mac

Friends, I have recently started using a Mac computer. I've been trying to understand how does the integration of Office 365 (Word) and Onedrive work on a Mac, yet had no success so far. These is the problem:

When using Office 365 (Word) on a Windows computer, whenever I wanted to open or save a file I was asked if I wanted to open or save it locally or on my Onedrive folders. The integration of Word and Onedrive on a Mac seems very poor, unless I am missing something here. On a Mac it seems that once I start Word, if I want to open a Onedrive file I have to go out of the application to do it. I have to go to the Onedrive folder where my file is located and then open it, which will result on Word opening it. Is there any way to, just as in a Windows environment, open and save files to Onedrive without having to leave Word?

Hope someone can help me here.

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 10:40 PM

3 replies

Jul 13, 2014 2:12 AM in response to Tazooka

The solution is very simple.

You have to install Microsoft OneDrive from the Mac AppStore. It synchronizes your OneDrive folders to the Mac. Afterwards, you usually find a OneDrive folder in your Home folder. From there, you can access all files as usual. If you change any file, it will be synchronized in both ways (Mac to OneDrive, OneDrive to Mac).

I use this on a daily basis and have no problems with it.

Have a nice day!

Jul 13, 2014 9:33 AM in response to Qitam

Thank you for the taking the time. It helped a lot.

It seems that several functionalities that are present in the Windows version of the software are just not present in the Mac version. I don't see any way around this. And with Apple's Pages being an even worse option, the situation is acceptable at best.

Office 365 (Word) Onedrive integration on a Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.