Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which Apple computers can run Photoshop CS 6 Extended?

I'm buying a new computer, but I need one that can run Photoshop CS 6 Extended with the video and storyboard features. My 2011 Macbook Pro 13' without discrete graphics was not able to, but my mid 2010 Macbook Pro 15' was. I want to make sure that my new computer would be able to run the program. Can somebody help me? Is the new Macbook Air (or the one from last year) okay? What about the Macbook Retina 13' or 15'? Thank you so much!

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 9:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 2:28 PM

yuechen,

this Adobe page lists the system requirements for Photoshop CS 6 Extended. It looks as though VRAM might have been the stumbling block for your 13-inch MacBook Pro; do you know how much RAM was installed in it? Apparently Photoshop CS 6 Extended requires 512 MB of VRAM, and your 13-inch MacBook Pro would only allocate 512 MB to its integrated graphics if it had at least 8 GB of RAM installed. If VRAM was the stumbling block, then a Mid 2013 or Early 2014 MacBook Air with 8 GB of RAM would definitely have enough graphics memory allocated. (I don’t know if one with 4 GB of RAM would have enough; it might.) Similarly, an Early 2013 or Late 2013 MacBook Pro with at least 8 GB of RAM would meet the graphics memory requirement; I don’t know if one with 4 GB would or not.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2014 2:28 PM in response to yuechen

yuechen,

this Adobe page lists the system requirements for Photoshop CS 6 Extended. It looks as though VRAM might have been the stumbling block for your 13-inch MacBook Pro; do you know how much RAM was installed in it? Apparently Photoshop CS 6 Extended requires 512 MB of VRAM, and your 13-inch MacBook Pro would only allocate 512 MB to its integrated graphics if it had at least 8 GB of RAM installed. If VRAM was the stumbling block, then a Mid 2013 or Early 2014 MacBook Air with 8 GB of RAM would definitely have enough graphics memory allocated. (I don’t know if one with 4 GB of RAM would have enough; it might.) Similarly, an Early 2013 or Late 2013 MacBook Pro with at least 8 GB of RAM would meet the graphics memory requirement; I don’t know if one with 4 GB would or not.

Which Apple computers can run Photoshop CS 6 Extended?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.