Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it true that Apple will not replace an LCD under warranty?

I have an iPhone 4s, that I bought around a month ago. It is under warranty. I have been having issues with the phone since the day I received it in the mail. One being that I get dial tones and/or other static-y noises at the beginning of all outgoing and incoming calls, usually for about 2-3 seconds. The phone also randomly dies, even if it has 15, 20 sometimes even 30 percent battery left. The biggest issue I've ran into is the front screen of the phone popping off. Not completely, but enough to notice. The way I can tell when it happens is because the home button will feel weird, like majorly indented and then light can be seen coming out through the side of the phone. The problem is that each time this happens the screen would get little crack-looking disturbances or just discolored all over, and then tonight it popped out AGAIN while I was talking to my mom and then screen went black and the phone just started making a weird bonging sound over and over. For lack of a better term, I'm ******.
The phone itself is perfect. No scratches, no dents, nothing. It's always been in a case.

My husband is adamant that I'm wasting my time because Apple will not replace an LCD screen, but obviously the phone has had issues since I received it and it's not anything that I did! I spoke to a very nice representative who made an appointment at the Apple Store to have it checked out. Has anyone had any luck with getting something like this taken care of under warranty? Thanks!

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 10:56 PM

There are no replies.

Is it true that Apple will not replace an LCD under warranty?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.