Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Apple repair a phone that has been repaired by a non-apple shop?

My screen broke, had it repaired. Shortly after, ALL sounds stopped working. No volume, mic, phone, vibrate(?). Had it looked at by different repair person, they replaced a few parts then said it's not fixable, must be motherboard. Will Apple still fix this? Any other suggestions?

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 10:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 2:37 PM

Apple Store manager has refused to even touch an iPhone repaired by an unauthorized repair person, when I was at the Genius bar to have my MBP looked at. Unlikely that they will touch it. Apple may sell a replacement, instead.

The history of the device with two unauthorized repairs does not bode well for the device itself.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2014 2:37 PM in response to supermomof2

Apple Store manager has refused to even touch an iPhone repaired by an unauthorized repair person, when I was at the Genius bar to have my MBP looked at. Unlikely that they will touch it. Apple may sell a replacement, instead.

The history of the device with two unauthorized repairs does not bode well for the device itself.

Jul 10, 2014 12:48 PM in response to supermomof2

supermomof2 wrote:

Yes they will.

No they won't.

3rd party repair with unauthorized parts voids out of warranty replacement.

-> http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=servicefaq&geo=United_States&product=ipho ne

"Certain damage is ineligible for out-of-warranty service, including catastrophic damage, such as the device separating into multiple pieces, and inoperability caused by unauthorized modifications. However, an iPhone that has failed due to contact with liquid may be eligible for out-of-warranty service"

Will Apple repair a phone that has been repaired by a non-apple shop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.