Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I delete all these photos?

I just bought an iPad mini Retina and I noticed these photos,which are not mine. How can I delete them? Is this iCloud problem?User uploaded file

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 12:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 3:58 AM

You apparently bought a used iPad since there is no reason why somebody else's photos would be on a brand new device. If the photos were synced to the iPad, the only way to remove them is by syncing again and you must either unselect the Sync Photos heading if you want to remove all of them, and then follow that with a sync. You can also select an empty folder on your computer in the Sync Photos from heading of iTunes and then follow that woth a sync to remove the photos.

if the photos were taken with the iPad or saved from emails or websites (camera roll photos) - tap on one of the photos, and the trash can appears, you can tap the trash can to delete the photo.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2014 3:58 AM in response to SimonaVag

You apparently bought a used iPad since there is no reason why somebody else's photos would be on a brand new device. If the photos were synced to the iPad, the only way to remove them is by syncing again and you must either unselect the Sync Photos heading if you want to remove all of them, and then follow that with a sync. You can also select an empty folder on your computer in the Sync Photos from heading of iTunes and then follow that woth a sync to remove the photos.

if the photos were taken with the iPad or saved from emails or websites (camera roll photos) - tap on one of the photos, and the trash can appears, you can tap the trash can to delete the photo.

Jul 10, 2014 4:21 AM in response to SimonaVag

Another way to remove all the photos (and to generally make sure you have a fresh iPad for your OWN use) is to completely restore the device to factory settings. My suspicion though is that if the person you bought it from didn't know to remove their photos, they certainly didn't know about iCloud: Activation Lock. When you restore the device it will ask for the Apple ID and password used to originally activate it. Without that information, the iPad is little more than an expensive brick.

If the device belonged to the person you bought it from - and wasn't lost or stolen and then resold to you for example - this shouldn't be a problem. The original owner can follow the instructions in that link to remove the device from their iCloud profile. Once that's done, you can activate the iPad under your own Apple ID.

How can I delete all these photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.