Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blu ray problem v4.1.2 - WORKAROUND

Hi, since updating compressor to 4.1.2, I like may others have had problems trying to create a Blu ray image or burn to disc using the Create Blu ray setting. This is a real problem that affects many different people, we have 5 macs all different configs and every one exhibits the same problem. It is also NOT file related we have tested many files that have been used successfully before and they have failed.... BUT I have found a workaround that means I can now produce Blu ray again.

1. Open up MPEG Files settings and duplicate MPEG-2 Program stream, 15 Mbps. This will appear in the custom settings menu.

2. Re name the duplicated setting as MPEG-2 Blu ray (or something that works for you)

3. Select the new setting and in the General settings on the right of compressor change the format to Elementary Stream and stream usage to Blu ray

4. In the video settings change encoding mode to Single Pass VBR and choose Automatically select bit rate

5. Now go back to the main settings pane on the left of Compressor, open up Audio formats and duplicate AC3 File, you don't need to change and settings here

That's it, apply to a job, tell compressor to create blu ray, either burn to disc or disc image, it works every time for me. I would prefer to have h264 but as a temporary workaround it means we can get Blu rays out again.

Hope this helps 🙂

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 12:53 AM

6 replies

Jul 10, 2014 5:02 AM in response to Russ H

Hi Russ

No worries, hope it helped. We are just a small video production outfit in the UK. We have several macs in the office, and Macbook Pro's which come with us on location. We do our updates exactly as anyone with one mac would do, run the update, check it works and then do the same on the other machines. I just missed the Blu ray issue this time!!! Ended up updating all macs before I realised.... schoolboy error!!

Anyway we've produced several more MPEG Blu ray discs today and everything is great, so I guess the issue lies with h264 😟

Chris

Blu ray problem v4.1.2 - WORKAROUND

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.