Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incompatible Audio Units Found

Hello,

I just downloaded and installed Final Cut Pro X (10.1.2 on Mavericks 10.9.4).

Each time I launch application I have to dismiss manually this alert:

User uploaded file

in order to be able to start to work in app.

Any ideas why this alert appears and is it possible to repair the issue?

Thank you,

Maxim

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 3:00 AM

6 replies

Jul 10, 2014 5:50 AM in response to maxim_k

This means exactly what it says. There is an Audio Unit installed that is not compatible with FCP X - probably installed by some audio application.

All you need to do is find it and trash it, or simply move it somewhere else.

See this knowledge base document from Apple about Audio Units: Finding Audio Units plug-ins on your computer

Notice that there are two different folders named "Library" - the general one, at the top level of the drive, and the user's, inside the home folder.

(Note: to access the Library folder inside your user folder, which is usually hidden, hold down option key and open the Go menu in the Finder)

Jul 10, 2014 6:26 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

HI Luis,

Thank you for prompt reply!

But.... If everything would be so simple...

I already followed the instructions on removing audio plugins from both places on my Mac. BTW there was no any audio plugins in those folders at all.

On the other hand the alert from FCP X shows exactly what plugin is the culprit in my situation: it is AuNetSend audio unit.

As I know Audio Units are a system-level plug-in architecture provided by Core Audio in Mac OS X developed by Apple Computer. So the case is in one of the audio plugins from Mac OS itself.

So I don't know how and where to find this plugin and how delete (disable) it.

Do I you have any other thoughts on this matter?

Thanks,

Maxim

Jul 10, 2014 8:27 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Hi Luis,

It appears your reply about trashing com.apple.audio.infoHelpier.plist file helped me to solve the problem.

Just want to add that trashing this file in my case was not enough, I needed also to delete another file from the same location- com.apple.audio.aulab.plist

only when I deleted both files the FCP X alert gone away.

Thank you for your time.

Maxim

Incompatible Audio Units Found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.