Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accessing OSX Server shares from Win 8.1

Hi

I run a small OSX Server on a Mac Mini with a few extra TB of drive attached. Primary purpose is to share my iTunes files between Apple TVs, etc and to backup using TimeMachine.

I also run a Wiki and a diary server on it for my company, I'm by no means an admin expert - but I get by. All our UK kit is Mac based.

I have a number of external agencies that use the wiki, who all use Windows and sometimes they have problems. Mostly, it would seem, down to them not accepting my self signed certificates!

To test things I have obtained an HP Pavilion x2 running Windows 8.1 (standard off the shelf version) but I cannot access any of my network shares on the OSX Server. All the Macs can connect - I'm sharing as AFP, SMB and WebDav. But when I try to access the server on the Windows Machine I can see the server. Click on it and get "Windows cannot access \\MILLHAVEN". Error code given is 0x80070035.

I have been on some Windows sites but none of them are that helpful, it seems that there are alternative versions of 8.1 available - some which allow network access and others that don't.

Has anyone come across this issue of connecting to shares using Win 8.1 - and if so was it solvable?

Thanks

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 1:20 AM

There are no replies.

Accessing OSX Server shares from Win 8.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.