Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod touch 5g taking a long time to restore from backup

I have recently used find my iphone to erase my iPod Touch 5th Generation and have made a very recent backup of this device. I have plugged the device into itunes and clicked restore from backup (Windows Vista Home Basic 32 bit). It proceeded in restoring my iPod to the backup and the estimated time had gone up to nearly 8 hours. The status bar is gradually moved up, but what can I do to make it faster as I have waited nearly 6 hours for this and it is ver stressful =(

P.S I am currently using an iPod Touch 5th Generation running the latest version of iOS 7 of iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 1:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 2:03 AM

When you restore via iTunes the computer downloads the whole firmware file if it is not already on the computer. The file size is about 800 MB. Sometimes Apple servers a slow which seems to be the case. You can try terminating and trying again. Otherwise just wait.

2 replies

Jul 10, 2014 2:50 AM in response to lllaass

Thanks for your reply. My iPod Touch has finished its restore, yet not all the apps were installed onto the iPod. This is not a problem because most of my apps I did not want/need. My photos and music was installed/synced as well. It took a very long time for this process to happen. Thank You for your support. How can I award you points?

ipod touch 5g taking a long time to restore from backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.