Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't have a perspective zoom button and I can't get a picture to be the right size on my home screen/lock screen.

Lock screen/home screen picture sizing

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 2:10 AM

2 replies

Jul 10, 2014 2:42 AM in response to JeanFlitz

You can zoom in on an image (depending upon the resolution of the image and if you have 'reduce motion' set 'on') by using two fingers on the screen.

With iOS 7 and the parallax/screen motion effect : iOS 7: How to reduce screen motion

To reduce the effect, you can turn on Reduce Motion in Settings > General > Accessibility.When you turn on Reduce Motion, Home screen transitions will fade instead of zoom.

When the parallax effect is on, you may notice the following:

• Wallpaper, icons, and alerts shift slightly as you move your phone.
  • When you set a wallpaper in Settings > Wallpapers & Brightness, the photo or image will be slightly zoomed and can't be scaled to fit the screen.

If you zoom in, you will need to rescale your wallpaper to fit to the screen. You can't rescale certain photo formats, including landscape or square images.

Jul 10, 2014 3:22 AM in response to JeanFlitz

If you want to see the full picture I have an outcome that works fine...

1. choose picture

2. in photo app or camera roll, take a screen shot of the picture you just made/saved(make sure you don’t have the scroll bar at the bottom, tap the screen to remove the effects)

3. go onto the new photo you made and set that as your wallpaper/screensaver - you will get a much wider perspective of the picture

(optional)4. If you are still unsatisfied about that new picture, screen shot it again the same way! You will notice that it is smaller and more pixelated than the original but you can still see the wallpaper just fine.

Hope that help 🙂

I don't have a perspective zoom button and I can't get a picture to be the right size on my home screen/lock screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.