Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my password visible in iCal

Recently I saw that public holidays appeared in iCal for the first time. I tried to delete them but got a message saying it can only be done by using 'settings' and this was successful. Then by chance from that screen I clicked on 'calendar' and surprised to see my Apple password.

Could somebody please say how this is possible and how it can be removed.

Tony

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 3:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 3:43 AM

There is no 'settings' in iCal, do you mean Preferences? Where in Preferences are you seeing your password, I have looked at every page and I don't see a password.

You are going to have to supply a clearer explanation, screenshots would help a lot (obscure any personal detail)

5 replies

Jul 10, 2014 8:00 AM in response to Drummer3708

Sorry not experienced enough to do screenshots especially obscuring parts. However will try to provide better information. Open iCal and see monthly page. Top left hand corner box contains word 'Calendar'. Left click and additional area appears moving monthly page to the right. Password is shown with four ticked boxes below: Home, Calendar, Work and Birthdays. Click 'Calendar' again and monthly page moves to left again effectively obscuring the password etc.

You are quite correct it's preferences I had been looking at and not settings, sorry.

As usual I very much appreciate those much more knowledgeable than I who give up their valuable time to assist me.

Tony

Jul 10, 2014 12:06 PM in response to Csound1

Very sorry but this has got too complicated as none of the options you show are relevent and have no idea how to proceed. I had problems with the log in pass word in Windows (not my fault I have to say) so removed it and while at it did the iMac password too. I will now reinstate the latter that will resolve the problem of a visible password. The password is visible in the iCloud account too.

Thank you very much for trying to help.

Tony

Why is my password visible in iCal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.