Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i stop itunes from changing song info?

When I purchase a single from iTunes and then later purchase the album it is from iTunes doesn't charge you again for the single (which is good) but I want to change the single so it is in the right place on the album. No matter how many times I have tried this iTunes always seems to change it back after a while and its driving me absolutely mad. does anyone know a way to stop it from doing this please? thanks.

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 3:47 AM

4 replies

Jul 10, 2014 4:49 AM in response to karenbwood

I have exactly the same problem. I like to do Deluxe editions / remix albums by certain artists & they keep reverting to the original sorting feature that they were purchased on. This doesn't happen to anything I upload off other sites or CDs I burn. It is only for I-Tunes store purchased items.

This is really an annoying problem, as I have to keep going back & changing them to what I want or it will mess up my I-Pod when I up date it.

Easiest option for I-Tunes would be to delete the Sorting function in Add info. Have no idea why it is needed anyway

Jul 10, 2014 6:10 AM in response to karenbwood

In iTunes go to Edit > Preferences > Store and turn off

• Show iTunes in the Cloud purchases
  • Share details about your library with Apple

On any iOS device go to Settings > Music and turn off

Show All Music

Close and reopen iTunes and/or reset the device and you should see your version of the metadata for each track rather than the original store data.

tt2

how can i stop itunes from changing song info?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.