Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Express configuration

I have bought a new Airport Express and carried out initial configuration through a hotel connection.

The hotel only allows 2 connections per room, and access is through online username and password.

I guess I have configured the AE in bridge mode as once more than two connections are attempted there is hotel message disallowing further connections on the web browser.

My question: Can I reconfigure the AE with only an Ipad so that I can have private network and multiple device access?

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 3:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 6:04 AM

Can I reconfigure the AE with only an Ipad so that I can have private network and multiple device access?

That will depend on the manner in which the hotel network administrator has configured the hotel network.

We won't know that until you try to set up the AiiPort Express as a "router".......not as a "bridge mode" device. No guarantees that this will work. It might, or might not.

I assume that the AirPort Express is connecting to an Ethernet port in the room with an Ethernet cable, correct?

Do you have AirPort Utility 1.3.3 installed on the iPad? If not, you need to download it and install it on the iPad.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/airport-utility/id427276530?mt=8

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2014 6:04 AM in response to Ash1G

Can I reconfigure the AE with only an Ipad so that I can have private network and multiple device access?

That will depend on the manner in which the hotel network administrator has configured the hotel network.

We won't know that until you try to set up the AiiPort Express as a "router".......not as a "bridge mode" device. No guarantees that this will work. It might, or might not.

I assume that the AirPort Express is connecting to an Ethernet port in the room with an Ethernet cable, correct?

Do you have AirPort Utility 1.3.3 installed on the iPad? If not, you need to download it and install it on the iPad.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/airport-utility/id427276530?mt=8

Jul 12, 2014 10:07 PM in response to Ash1G

Double NAT is what you want in a hotel setup, since the hotel only "sees" one device.....the AirPort Express.....on their network in this type of setup. Now you can connect as many devices as you want to your own private wireless network in the room., and the hotel will never know.

Web browsing is just a bit slower with the Double NAT, but you may not notice this at all.

Airport Express configuration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.