Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Worldwide warranty - Brazilian Apple Store

Hi I'm here asking for a solution...

My mum came to Australia to visit me and I "Unfortunately" bought a broken new Iphone 5c.

There's no service all the time. The phone just keeps "Searching Career". It worked for 5 minutes only, nothing else after that.

We are using a Telstra sim card.

I went to Apple Store in Sydney Australia wondering if the warranty would work worldwide. The answer was YES. "We receive phones from the US and we fix it here. The apple store in Rio de Janeiro will be able to help you. The damaged parts just take a while to come to Australia. That's how Apple works. I'm sure it's the same overseas because it is Apple." He said...

Ok I "Very unfortunately" accepted that hopping that I could get help in Brazil.

So I called the Apple store in Brazil and basically they said: "It's not our business, you should have purchased this phone in Brazil. We do NOT accept foreign phones in this store".

Is this really worldwide warranty?

When I had the cash in my hands to pay for the phone the Worldwide Warranty would be OK everywhere.

Now that I'm stuck with a useless broken phone the warranty simply does not exist anymore.

What do I do Apple?

Thanks "very" much for all the attention!!!

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 3:13 AM

3 replies

Jul 10, 2014 6:15 AM in response to luizph93

Antes de existir a loja da Apple no Brasil um amigo comprou um iphone desbloqueado em Nova Iorque, mas pra sua surpresa, quando chegou ao Brasil o mesmo estava bloqueado e não funcionava com nenhum chip de operadora local (pode ser o seu problema). Ele ligou pro suporte e a Apple providenciou a troca do aparelho (ele enviou o aparelho que ele tinha comprado via correio e reebeu um novo também pelo correio). Tenta levar em algum autorizada tb.

Boa sorte aí!

Worldwide warranty - Brazilian Apple Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.