Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

stretched screen on Mac mini

Hello, I am using a mac mini (2010, 2.4Ghz) connected to a 24" Samsung monitor via a VGA to HDMI converter cable in Mac OS 10.9. About half the time when I awaken my computer from sleep, the screen is "stretched" to much wider than its normal size. Putting it back to sleep and reawakening it fixes the problem, about half the time. So far I have tried resetting the PRAM, which did not work. Any ideas? Thanks, Fred

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 3:56 AM

2 replies

Jul 10, 2014 4:05 AM in response to kw9919

The only reason to use VGA is if that's the only video port on your display. Most 24" displays have at least a DVI port which has better support for stretched display resolutions and better support for Energy Saver than adapters. You are dealing with an analog to digital video converter in your adapter that is really unnecessary.

Jul 10, 2014 11:30 AM in response to a brody

Thanks for the response. I checked and actually I am connected to something called RGB (which fits the cable that came with the monitor) and converting to the mini via the HDMI converter I mentioned. There is also a port that says VGA on the back of the monitor but not HDMI. So I'm not quite sure what to do.

stretched screen on Mac mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.