Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I download Garageband 6.0.0 from?

I need to download Garageband 6.0.0 before I can then download later versions - I can't find 6.0.0 anywhere and downloading 6.0.2 and trying to open it does not work.

Help!!

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 4:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 6:32 AM

I need to download Garageband 6.0.0 before I can then download later versions

You can only download updates to GarageBand 6.x.x, not a full installer. It is not available for free. If your Mac came with MacOS X 10.6.x preinstalled, you should find an GarageBand installer on the system install DVD for the bundled applications. Otherwise you can buy an installer as part of the iLife '11 applications DVD, available from Amazon or eBAy.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2014 6:32 AM in response to RachelTeate

I need to download Garageband 6.0.0 before I can then download later versions

You can only download updates to GarageBand 6.x.x, not a full installer. It is not available for free. If your Mac came with MacOS X 10.6.x preinstalled, you should find an GarageBand installer on the system install DVD for the bundled applications. Otherwise you can buy an installer as part of the iLife '11 applications DVD, available from Amazon or eBAy.

Where can I download Garageband 6.0.0 from?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.