Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

magnifying glass effect

Hi,

I have just learnt about the censor effect in FCP X. It made me think of doing a magnifying glass effect in the same way. Is there such a feature & what is it called ?

thank you

HH

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 5:43 AM

4 replies

Jul 11, 2014 4:57 PM in response to hubh

I don't know what you mean by "Toolbox 2" with respect to this effect. The download name is sc_magnifier.zip. When you unzip the download file, you will have a folder called "sc_magnifier" and inside there is an image file called Magnifier.png which has installation instructions ("Installing as an Effect") and the Magnifier folder (which is the "whole" Effect you use to "install" into FCPX.) That is: FCPX recognizes that folder as *the effect* and what's inside it is a specifically structured set of files (and a folder) which FCPX requires.

If you followed the instructions in the Magnifier.png file, then you will find the effect in the Effects Browser in the Category (the folder you created inside the Effects folder) you used or created (such as "SC_Effects").

If you need the download link again, here it is:

http://sight-creations.com/free_stuff/sc_magnifier.zip

If you have any further trouble, let me know.

magnifying glass effect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.