Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the best online backup system to use for Mac?

What is the best online backup system to use for mac?

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 5:41 AM

3 replies

Jul 10, 2014 5:49 AM in response to mrsjbfromil

By online, do you mean backup to the cloud, where you pay a monthly fee for the service to host your data?

If this is the case, then there are a lot of services (do not know them all, but DropBox, CrashPlan, Carbonite, Mozy, SugarSync, come to mine, and that is not a complete list.

There are also services that allow you to backup over your home network or across the internet to your own storage. CrashPlan has this option (for free), and Transporter come to mind. CrashPlan talks to another computer also running CrashPlan that you own or have some control (could even be a friend or relatives computer). Transporter is hardware that you either provide some storage of your choice, or they will sell the unit with storage.

I'm mostly a CrashPlan to my own storage user. I backup to a Mac mini for my Mom (300 miles away) and Wife (she is local 🙂)

Can clarify your exact desires or needs.

What is the best online backup system to use for Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.