Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard Recognition

I have officially had enough! I can't believe I'm stupid enough to keep doing this, and it just keeps getting worse; I am NEVER going to update software again! My constant problem, in addition to all desktop icons being randomly rearranged every 3 or 4 months, is whenever I update anything, my corded keyboard won't be recognized after restart. Up until now, I had learned that giving up for the night, and turning it back on the next day, would for some insane reason work. But today, my keyboard is still dead to the world. I have tried another keyboard, and it doesn't work either. Both can be attached to my older iMac and work just fine. My mouse works just fine (also corded). I have used Apple since the 70s, and I'm so used to plug-and-play, this absolute resistance to recognize my keyboard is so infuriating. Any suggestions you can give, without asking me alot of questions first, will be appreciated, as I've got to go to work, and I can't access this website while at work. My OS is 10.6.8, and my processor is 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. I have never used bluetooth in my life (I notice lots of topics about getting bluetooth things recognized!). The thing I downloaded which has caused this is iTunes 11.2.2 (3). Thanks!

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 6:39 AM

There are no replies.

Keyboard Recognition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.