Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 charger keeps breaking

I Have owned almost every iPhone Apple has came out with. i love their products but I have been so frustrated with the nano chargers. I have gone through at least 10 of them. i dont understand why Apple has created such a poor product. They need to fix this problem ASAP. I have been contemplating on switching over to the galaxy due to the frustration of the chargers. I have been spending way to much on replacing these chargers that I have had it up to my neck. both my parents changed over to the galaxy and haven't had any issues. Apple please fix this issue,! You will lose a significant amount of revenue if this does not change. And yes I know the way you handle the charger might effect it, but I am very careful with it, I pull it out from the base and don't use my phone as it charges yet still breaks. I have purchased the chargers from the apple store and best buy, all have failed. Very disappointed

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 5:56 AM

3 replies

Jul 10, 2014 7:13 AM in response to Melissac96

What is the "nano charger"? The small 5 watt charger that is included with the iPhone 4/5 ? I have various Apple chargers that came with many of my iDevices (beginning with the iPod nano 2nd gen), including the 5 watt charger (the larger, old model as well as the newer smaller model) and have never had a single issue with any of them. I feel they are much better made than any of the 3rd party chargers I own.

Are you maybe using the same outlet or outlets on the same circuit in the home to plug the charger into? If you're frying chargers left & right (are they frying or breaking in some other way?), I wouldn't suspect the chargers are bad but rather that the house wiring has some issue(s), either on a single circuit/breaker or in the whole home. Chargers don't just fry for any odd reason and all 10 that you've burned through couldn't have been bad or defective.

iPhone 5 charger keeps breaking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.