Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pop-up, malware?

Almost two weeks ago I started getting random pop-ups in Chrome (Version 35.0.1916.153) on Mavericks 10.9.4

Initially they appeared as a "take our survey" message from all.donkeycorn.eu (I never clicked on the link - choosing to

force quit Chrome in order to get rid of it, no other options for closing the window would work.) I tried various "fixes"

involving cleaning out stray cookies, which is all I could locate after extensive searching and reading.

Now I'm getting these pop-ups. I have used TSM Adware removal (as suggested in other threads here) but to no avail.

Again, extensive searching and reading hasn't produced any other suggestions. When the pop-up appears I've tried to

track the process in Activity Monitor, but that has not borne fruit.

User uploaded file
No, I haven't clicked on either link in this pop-up, either!

Any suggestions are welcome.

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 6:20 AM

13 replies

Jul 10, 2014 9:15 AM in response to Linc Davis

Several of us in my office have this problem, which also started for us about two weeks ago. It's happening on Safari, Chrome, and Firefox. We are all on Mavericks. Notably, a user on 10.6.8 on a non-intel machine is not having this problem. We have found no solution to this severe annoyance.

Anyone at Apple know what to do about this?

Jul 13, 2014 7:01 AM in response to kitfromwilmington

It sounds like this problem is not being caused by any known adware. It could be something brand new, but more likely, it's a site-specific issue or a network compromise issue. See:

http://www.thesafemac.com/arg-other-causes/

(Fair disclosure: The Safe Mac is my site, and contains a Donate button, so I may receive compensation for providing links to The Safe Mac. Donations are not required.)

Aug 2, 2014 10:34 AM in response to kitfromwilmington

I am getting lots of pop-ups and also new browser windows opening up behind the scenes after clicking a bad video viewer link off the web (my bad!).

It is in Safari and Chrome. There is nothing in the extensions. the problem is hidden somewhere else, I can't find it. I am thinking of doing a super duper clone restore from a month ago the problem is so annoying. I will try adblocker first.

Pop-up, malware?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.