Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay with Sony TV

Hello! So I have a Sony Bravia KDL 550W900A TV that I am trying to use AirPlay on it. I do not have an Apple TV but I am using Mac OS. So basically, I am able to stream a Youtube video by clicking a little button next to full screen that says play on the TV. When I did it, it worked and the youtube videos played. I was wondering if it was possible to stream different types of videos like iTunes or other programs with this feature. The Airplay icon doesn't show on the top bar showing the TV is connected. Please help.

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 6:26 AM

1 reply

Nov 19, 2014 7:05 AM in response to Brb8910

Hi

Technically you are using your device to broadcast over the internet to an authenticated app on your sony tv which is the "YouTube" app.

I have a Sony TV, Mac and Apple TV and Im afraid unless there's an app that Sony releases that supports over the air / internet broadcasting then you will not be able to do what you have asked.

I can recommend an Apple TV or there are cheaper solutions like EZ Cast.

I hope this helps.

Airplay with Sony TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.